The sunshine in Toronto right now has got me thinking a bit about the south of Italy. So it’s fitting today’s Thursday aka #throwbackthursdays! I wrote briefly about Capri when I shared what my sister and I did for my birthday, but I didn’t talk too much about the experience.
I love the sunshine and just how colourful the buildings in the south were! The boat tour (planned by the best big sister ever) was a really relaxing way to celebrate. We were able to go swimming near one of the grottos–no not the Blue Grotto because there was an intense 1-2 hour wait! I remember the water was so warm and my sister commenting: “Whoa I’m super boyant, I guess because of all the salt.” Which in her defence, makes a lot of sense.
If you’re going to the south here’s a few tips:
- keep your coins for using the bathroom- yes you have to pay 1-2 euros
- bring water bottles
- wear a hat and sunglasses
- wear comfy shoes- there’s lots of cobblestones and hills, or you can be like me, I brought my sneakers and sandals on the boat tour
- sunscreen and don’t forget to re-apply
- bring hair elastics if you want to control your hair while swimming, personally I love salty beach hair to the point where I tried to make my own salt spray
- wear your bather underneath your clothes and pack a light cover up or extra tank top
- take plenty of pictures along the way, there is nothing else like it!
On that note, here are some pictures taken with my DSLR instead of my phone- I had forgotten to bring my film camera which by the way I’ve been trying to carry it with me everywhere I go walking around TO.
I hope you enjoy your travels! 🙂
All photos on this site are mine unless otherwise stated.